What is covered under the warranty?
Your watch repair is covered for 12 months. This protects you if the mechanism or craftsmanship of the mechanism proves to be defective in material or workmanship under normal usage. Should this happen we will carry out the necessary repairs free of charge under the terms of the warranty. The remainder of your warranty will continue as normal.
What is not covered?
The warranty does not cover:
- The crystal or bracelet unless we have specifically carried out a repair on these parts. Leather straps are not included in any warranty. If we have repaired a bracelet in one location but it subsequently breaks elsewhere, this is also not covered.
- Damage caused by improper handling, lack of care, accidents or normal wear and tear.
- Use of the watch while playing sports that cause shock to the wrist or arm, unless the watch was specifically designed for this.
- Use of the watch while using power tools.
- Water damage unless pressure tested and confirmed as water resistant.
- Dropping or excessive knocks.
- Wearing or storing near magnetic fields.
- Part jobs – where we have repaired a small part of the watch ie. Replaced the button and stem or the glass – the warranty covers the button and stem only or the glass only. We will not guarantee the mechanism or timekeeping unless we have serviced it fully.
Please note: The warranty is void if the watch is opened and assessed or repaired by anyone other than our own workshop.
The warranty is not transferrable if you sell the watch.
Thank you for reading, and if you have any questions relating to the repair of your watch please call us and we will be delighted to assist you.